Tuesday 24 January 2017

Carabelle Studio - more stunning stamp designs

I'm a little late doing these few posts, so this weeks LLL show will creep into the later part of the week....but I'll make sure I get a few posts done for you.

I did really want to share some of the makes from last week, as I adored the stamps I was working with.  The A4 stamps are fantastic, I definitely need more of these in my life.

Firstly I used a wonderful mandala stamp which I actually "inked" up using Tim Holtz Distress daubers. I then used my Distress Stains over the top.  Make sure the paint is dry, and it will give a lovely resist type effect.


I removed the centre of the mandala, which I put aside for another card (this was the theory....obviously I put it in a safe place, never to be seen again).  I then used one of the Distress Crayons to colour in the centre of the image, this covers up any white bits


It also adds depth to the image


I created my background with the Daubers, dragging the two colours along to give a lovely wood like effect.  I then stamped and embossed the large mandala image.  The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of kraft card, and then I glued the smaller mandala image onto the larger.  The sentiment was bowed and glued in the centre of the mandala.  I love the white on that background, it looks yummy.


oops, forgot this bit!  I mat and layered the card up, and used a nice piece of hessian which I frayed, I liked the texture, it really goes with the image.


There, sentiment in place, job done.




I used the stamps again for the show, I stamped and embossed the two stamps then used the Distress Stains over the top.  I then used the Tim Holtz Spritzer which breaks the stains up, and adds a different colour to the mix


I added some colour to the mandala with the distress crayons, blending them in slightly.  


This was the one I actually did on the show, which needs making up into a card, but I figured I'm share it with you as the colour combo is completely different.


Thank you for nipping on by.  I hope you love the stamps as much as I do, and managed to get hold of them!!  More Carabelle!!!





No comments: