Sunday 14 February 2016

3 days left for the crafty countdown

Only 3 days to go folks.  Even when I do come out of work hibernation, I will continue with the blog, and keep you updated on what is going on behind the scenes.  It'll be lovely to actually be able to share all my exciting plans as well.  And it'll be good to start sending out all the cards I have made over the course of this countdown - when I decide how I'm going to do it!!

Now, today I decided I needed to start having a play with the lovely goodies I'll be working with on my first workshop in ages!!  This will be with the fantastic Phill Martin (sorry, I do believe it is fully booked, but there will be more).

First I randomly stamped the solid rose stamp using versamark, and dusted over using the pumpkin mica powder


I then spritzed with the matching ink spritzer


And then spritzed with water to break the ink up and spread it. 


I then stamped the lovely sentiment stamp over the top of the image


I decided to frame the image, using the lovely border stamp.  I placed the layer in situ, but didn't stick it down, this allows me to visualise where the border stamps need to go.  I stamped in versamark, and covered with the mica powder.


I spread the mica over the card, as it emphasises the lovely texture on my card


I then added the second part of my frame


I decided the edge of the card needed inking.  Generally I use an ink pad for this, but I wanted the precise colour tone to match the rest of the card.  So, I spritzed onto my craft mat, and picked up the ink with a dry baby wipe, then carefully edged the card.


To finish my card, I added ribbon, which I also dyed with the spritzer ink.  I popped a dazzler in the centre of the ribbon. I also used the matching glitter glue to add dots onto my stamped images.  I love the fact everything matches, it makes it so easy to make a perfectly toned card.






20 comments:

Sarah (Debbie) said...

So happy you are continuing with your wee blog

This card is stunning

Looks like a fun day you are having

Much love xxx

Margaret said...

Beautiful card :) Mxx

Unknown said...

What a lovely card.I am so pleased that you are going to continue with your blog,I have loved popping by and catching up with you. Just in case life gets in the way,good luck for "lift off" we will all be thinking of you on your first day back.Hopefully it will be on a telly channel I can watch.

Anne said...

I wondered where you were going after the first photo but what a wonderful result, Leonie.

Glad to hear that you will continue posting - we have learned so much from you recently.

Anne (Northampton)

Ann said...



Hi Leonie

Love this card I have learnt such a lot from going your blog you keep on with your

blog we all enjoy it and it will be so nice to keep in touch with out very Dear

Northern Lass.

Take good care and wishing you lots of fun crafting and being happy and contented

doing what you want to do.

Luv n hugs Annxx

carol edwards said...

Another lovely project out of crafty stash things. Glad you are keeping up with your blog when you start on your new adventure. X

Myra said...

Oh I love this one too! It is matching but it's got a Leonie twist which I really like!
Think I know where you are going now! Great!!!
So pleased you will keep up with the blog! I'd really miss it now if you stopped! Xxxx

Anonymous said...

You're crafting skill is mazing. Looking forward to seeing your presenting talent again soon. Ritchie.

Brawny x said...

Brilliant x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Hi Leonie.
Wow I love this card Thank you.
I think I know where you are going too,
Take care Kitty.
Have you got the snow today? we have.
Northants.

hollyberry said...

Beautiful card with a definite Leonie twist to it that I love.
Am so glad that you are going to continue the blog. Have learnt so much from you on this countdown and would miss it a lot.

Heather Treble said...

Hi Leonie,
Beautiful card, I love the colours.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather

Magic Maggie said...

Hi Leonie

When the time arrives,...will you be putting the big announcement on here as I don't 'do' facebook (too much abuse I'm afraid - I can get that at home)? Break both legs. (you'll be brilliant)
Love
Maggie

xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Leonie glad you will be continuing to bring us a fresh take on craft items in your blog. Love what you have done for this card. Best wishes Jackie x

Carol S. said...

Thanks for reminding me of using my wax paper in folders. I actually taught it in the craft shop I worked in!! I am so pleased that you will be continuing your blog. It is one of the best around. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Kay said...

That card is amazing. Delighted you are continuing with your blog. Best of luck.

Kay said...

That card is amazing. Delighted you are continuing with your blog. Best of luck.

janet said...

Love your blog, so also pleased it will continue. I do hope that working with Phil will be a sign of the future! I like today's card -another interesting technique to try.... Now all I need is more time, Can you make that your next challenge next please?
janetannc

Jaccards said...

And another one to add to the list - am now playing catch up, not sure when I'll be able to do it but, definitely will give it a go - am sure I have Phill's stamp not sure about the other one but, will improvise if not - loving the blog and will be sad when you are back to work and not able to blog so much.

Have a great time starting your new job and I am looking forward to seeing you on TV again - take care, love Jackie xx

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous, fab colour tones. Creative Blessings, Tracy x