Friday 18 December 2015

60 DAYS!!! Crafty countrdown....

....60 days!!  Whoop Whoop.  Tonight is a bit of a cheat night - not because I'm off out sipping (!!) the Prosecco - but because I have been mega crafting this week, so fancied a night off, and a dip back into my old craft projects.  I love looking back on my old craft makes, it's reminiscing after all.  Generally we look back at photo's for our memories, but looking back on my crafting definitely reminds of a moment, a place, a feeling.  It's good to keep old craft makes as it also can show you how far you've come - or remind you of a technique you may have forgotten.

Today, I dug out one of my favourite favourites:




I love this stamp.  The first time I used this image, which was basically the same, it was produced by Hampton Arts.  I adored it - and have the wood mounted stamp knocking about somewhere!  It was then reproduced, with a few added bits, by Stampers Anonymous - I think (but don't quote me) it may have been one of the Tim Holtz collections.  I have used it over and over again.

This actual piece was made for one of the demo weekends I did at Ally Pally, with Creative Expressions.  I was demonstrating with Angelina Fibres (again), but wanted to try something different.  Normally the fibres are very shiny - which doesn't appeal to everyone.  I wanted to use the fibres in a alternative way, more grungy.  

I made my sheet of fibres as usual, but then glued it onto my card.  I then used acrylic paint over part of the fibres - making sure I don't cover the full sheet, as I still wanted a bit of that shine coming through.


You get a subtle shine, but you also get the texture.  


Something else I loved about this piece was the flower.  This is made out of grunge paper.  I used a Wendy Vecchi stamp, painted it using acrylic paint, and added to my piece with brads.  It's the perfect finishing touch


I decided to call today "Throwback Friday"....realised it probably should have been Throwback Thursday.....so renamed it Feet-up Friday :)

Have a lovely evening everyone xx


  

14 comments:

Pam B said...

Hi Leonie

My 1st thought when I saw this was, this is so you, so creative and funky ish

Happy Crafting

Pam

Margaret A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret A said...

Stop it. This is my new favourite now...I am so fickle 😊 Beautiful again Leonie. Enjoy your night off x

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, I love the background and what a great way of using angelina fibres, the image and paper are marvellous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Rosanna said...

Gorgeous! Xx

Cazro said...

Love it. Missing your work, creativity and infectious laugh. Wishing you a very happy Christmas. the new year will be bringing you a new adventure with more chance to continue using your talents. 60 days is a long time, but in truth maybe be the best. Have a break which you can enjoy. Lots of love and wishes for true happiness for your future Leonnie. Caz

karenlotty said...

This is an old project...? Never! It still looks "current" It's lovely and like you say it's good to look back at old projects and the memories it evokes At the moment ai am scanning old photos of cakes I made in the 80's on to my laptop

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Hi Leonie.
Wow another beautiful project.
Have fun and take care Kitty.

julie_woolston said...

Wow Leonie I absolutely love it, the detail is fabulous.
Hugs Julie xxx

Karen said...

Love it Leonie, it's 60 days to long, have a great night, Karen Xxx

Anonymous said...

I would have thought this was something you had just made Leonie it looks so fresh. Not sure about that eye following me around though! Hope you are having a nice weekend. Best wishes Jackie x

Cally said...

A great use of Angelina Fibres. Lots of detail in this piece of work.
Hugs x

Unknown said...

Oh,yes really like this,you are spoiling us.Can you make these 60 days go faster? You are so missed on the T.V. Merry Christmas to you.

Tracy Welham said...

Love how you have put this together. Creative Blessings, Tracy x