Sunday 30 September 2012

We love ribbon!

I did this project for my monthly diary in the Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine, and wanted to share it with you so you could see it in a little more detail. I was going to take photo's of the back of the wreath as well...but forgot!! It's too late and dark to be mucking about with photo's at the moment I'm afraid, so I'll have to put those on my web site gallery. Anyhow, as I have got the free P&P offer on the web site at the moment, I thought this was the perfect piece to show you how wonderful little bits of ribbon can look. I made the wreath with different types of black ribbon - different textures and finishes look great together. I cut the spider web and the BOO and buttons on my Cameo Silhouette, and used a mask with my Eco Paints to decorate them. I also used some of the wonderful embellishments to add a touch of glamour. I love Halloween, so doing projects like this is great fun!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW looks Fab, love the colours .....

Anonymous said...

Love this wreath. Great colours and so dramatic.

Leonie pujol said...

Thank you, I loved making something different. I didn't tie the ribbon all the way round either, I actually tied cheaper ribbon around the base which I secured the fancy ribbon to at the front - this way you don't use as much of the good stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leonie......loving this halloween wreath, lovely colours and oh sooooo differnet :-) Helena xxx