Monday 29 August 2011

Back - to the land of the living

.....almost. Okay, not quite!

The last week or so has seen an assortment of adventures. First I took my little self to the wonderful Edinburgh fringe festival.

What a feast for the senses. There's so much going on. I saw brilliant comedy, dance, theatre and circus. Edinburgh is such a beautiful city, and really friendly. I could waffle for a lonnng time about my trip, I won't, but if you haven't been and get chance - do it!

After my taste of culture I met up with a bunch of mates to go to Solfest. It's a tiny music festival up in cumbria. We drank, sat about, chilled. Had a little drink!! You can imagine. Had a great weekend. That's the start of the birthday celebrations.....oh the birthday. Should I mention the big, the scary....urgh 40. Yep four, zero. Mother. How did that happen! I'm not 40! It's a lie isn't it. Oh hum.

Now I'm at my mums to spend my actual bday with family, before trotting back to Peterborough and create and craft - feels like I've been away ages!

In crafty news, the new web site is now really getting there, we have lots of lovely goodies, with new and exclusive stamps to come. Really really excited about that. I've also, finally, done some tips and technique clips, nice and basic to begin with, but our clip family will definitely grow, so keep nipping on to see what's been added. Check out the calendar as well, we're going to be popping on photos as well as the bits and bobs that are going on.

Well, I'm off to look for my fancy dress costume! A party has to be fancy - especially a 40th. Rude not to. Any suggestions as to room decorations? The theme is a Victorian Circus! Xx


- Leonie

9 comments:

sharon said...

OOOh can't wait to see the piccis of your party! Happy Birthday lovely Leonie! When the celebrations are over please could we have details about your Macmillan coffee morning? x

Chrissie Roberts said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday Leonie! Really cannot believe you are 40 - you look nowhere near that age! And I'll be voting for you too as I think you are the very best. Have a really lovely day.
XX

Mags said...

Happy Birthday Leonie, glad you had a great time at the soulfest, I live where it is held. :):):)
Congrats on the new web site as well.xx

Debo said...

Happy birthday! Remember, you are only 40 in 'earth years', I'm still 24 in 'head years' and will be for a while yet!!

It feels like you've been away from our screens for months!!! We are pleased that you've had a lovely holiday but can't wait to see you on c&c again!! And my friend and I will both be voting for you - you are so much fun to watch AND you always teach us something new!!! Go Leonie!!!

Val Rich said...

Hope you've had the best birthday ever, you deserve it. 40 never, surely you're still 16.

Love and bestest wishes.

Val Rich

Anonymous said...

I keep telling you Leonie, you only look 12, so stop giving the game away!
Glad you had a fabulous time, many happy returns on your 12th birthday and hope to see you soon.

jenandkath said...

Happy happy birthday Leonie, can't believe you are 40, you certainly don't look it. Hope you have a great party and can't wait to see you back on C & C
Love
Jen & Kath

Lou P said...

Wow the big 40? Never!!! us from R never age, they turn the clocks off when we reach 21, or did no one tell you that little secret?

Glad to have you back on our screens, our Leonie, you were missed!

Need some advice chick, about the Joy Trouvaille, wondered if you can help?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your birthday! Hope you have a fabulous day! can't wait to see the pics :-) No way do you look 40! Love and hugs Victoria